Home Theater Newbie (Idiot)

Dumb & Dumber
Unregistered guest
Building a home theater. Don't want to blow money for Bose to advertise anymore. Looking at an Onkyo 801 or a Sony ES STR-DA5000 ES receiver and am trying to decide betwen Boston Acoustics VR2 and Klipsch RS25's. I realize that the speakers are a bit of apples and oranges. However, I've seen too many sales guys and am getting more screwed up by the minuite. The BA's are almost double the price of the Klipsch's. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2256
What is you budget for speakers?

Dumb & Dumber
Unregistered guest
Looking at 1K Cdn for main speakers and about $400 Cdn for a Center. My understanding is that rear's are cheap. VR2's are 1K, center at $350.00 while Klipsch's are $670.

Dumb & Dumber
Unregistered guest
Looking at 1K Cdn for main speakers and about $400 Cdn for a Center. My understanding is that rear's are cheap. VR2's are 1K, center at $350.00 while Klipsch's are $670.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 265
Canadian? How about Totem or Paradigm? Totems are fine speakers. Never heard paradigms but they get a lot of good press hereabouts.

Regards,
Frank.

Dumb & Dumber
Unregistered guest
Threw the budget to the wind, bought Boston's VR2's and matching center, will use my Polk PSW 150 for center for now. Also picked up a monster power center (5100) and spent another $500 on wiring. Got the Onkyo, still haven't wired it all up.

Thanks to everybody who responded.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us