Help with Sub Selection...

Username: Joes

Post Number: 1
I am looking to buy a budget subwoofer to complete my HT system. Narrowed down to SONY 8" SAWM-250 (front firing) and Yamaha 8" YST 215 (down firing)...Any suggestions on which one to choose is appreciated!

Bronze Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 12
Both Sony SAWM-250 and Yammy YST-215 are pretty good budget compact subwoofers. The Sony with 100WRMS power gives very good low bass down to about 40Hz but the Yammy sounds more dynamic especially in movie mode. My brothers have both so I have had plenty of time to compare them and TBH, I prefer the Yammy YST-215 for its impact and more natural sound. Both are about $100 shipped from many on-line stores.

I'm also shopping for a small 8" subwoofer for myself because my girl friend doesn't like the 12" JBL sub I have in the bedroom now. She says it's too bulky and occupies lots of space. I like the AR PR808 8"/150WRMS sub and it costs around $150 shipped from some on-line stores. I'm waiting for the price to drop a little bit, maybe down to $100-$120 or so then get it to replace the 12" JBL in the bedroom.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us