Athena .5 Series

Tad
Unregistered guest
Are these decent speakers for a very limited budget?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2262
Very decent. Outstanding clarity and staging.

Gaband27
Unregistered guest
I've owned these for almost a year and am very happy with them, especially for the price.

If you live in Canada you can get them at Futershop.ca right now for only $499 Canadian with the Sub included.(I paid $699,no sub, and still feel they were a good value)

You must use these with a sub though as they have NO low end (bottom out at 80hz). But the soundstage they throw for such a cheap and small speaker is pretty impressive.

Bronze Member
Username: Sam4age

Post Number: 11
what subs have you match up with the .5?

Gaband27
Unregistered guest
I'm using and older 10" 150 watt JBL that I've owned for ever, I purchased it about 12 years ago before the whole HT craze kicked in. Paid $800 Ca for it then and have never bothered to upgrade as I've always been happy with it. Just wish it could play a little lower(only goes to a rated 28hz)

Athena recommends the AS-P300 or AS-P400, I'd go with the 400 as it's a 10" vs. the 8" in the 300. Athena makes them a little easier to integrate by having a switch on the crossover that corresponds to their speaker lines, but really you could go wtih any sub. Seems like most around here really like the SVS and Hsu subs. I'd guess they're probably right even though I've never heard them.

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 100
i use these as rear speakers paired with as-b2 up front. They are a perfect match. They also have a suprising amount of bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us