Denon 2105 or 2805 and Axiom M22i - Thoughts?

Username: Papadepepito

Post Number: 1
I finally received "permission" to purchase an entry level A\V receiver, CD changer speakers and have been given a budget of 1200USD. After doing a fair amount of research, I'm seriously considering purchasing the Denon 2105 receiver, a Marantz cc2300 and a pair of Axiom m22i speakers. I'm also looking at the Denon 2805, but for my current needs, which are 80/20 in favor of music and Multi-zone functionality, I really don't know if I can justify spending an additional 200USD. I also plan to purchase additional speakers in the future to round out a surround sound package. What are the real benefits to the 2805 over the 2105? Should I be looking at a different combination? I haven't had a chance to listen to the Axioms, but I did do a side-by-side comparison between B&W DM 602 S3, Paradigm Atoms and Paradigm Focus. How do the M22is compare?

Thanks for your input!

Bronze Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 73
I have the M22ti's and have had paradigm atoms. I have heard the 602's. 1st choice: M22ti's followed closely by the Atoms.

The 2805 has better components and more power. It also has Alpha 24 processing which will sound better when you play CD's in any of the stereo modes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us