NAD T752/Paradigm Studio 20v3's two months later..

Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 49
Well I've had my NAD T752 and my Paradigm Studio 20v3's for 2 months now and thought I'd give a little review.. In one word "Incredible"... The Paradigm's have both broken in nicely and the sound-stage fills the room... The T752 has plenty of power to drive these little giants and I have not had one bug/glitch with my NAD, it's been clean, smooth and precise giving music a depth that I've only heard in live performances. The Paradigm Studios surprised the hell out of me, I knew going in they were a well built solid performer and out of the box had a very well balanced sound but now with a couple hundred hours of playing time on them their sound-stage is absolutely incredible,close your eyes and you picture a speaker 4 times their size, I do have a sub also with NAD's bass crossover set at 80HZ leaving the higher tighter bass to the Paradigms for they handle it so well... All in all I have to say this combination of NAD T752/Paradigm Studio 20's is the best I could have done, I wasn't on a budget which helped. I have quadrupled my music listening which in it's self tells me my music listening enjoyment is up 100% and fatigue factor is 0..
Thanks again Hawk for you help in my quest which started 6 months ago, the journey was long but absolutely well worth the end it has brought...

Username: Hawk

Post Number: 131
Paul:

Your post is a great read--not just because of what you bought but because it is a system that works for you. Everyone should be happy with their system and I am glad we could help you find a system that meets your needs and expectations.

However, having said that, I am reading this with green eyes. That really is a superb system and I hope to do as well soon.

Keep in touch!

Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 150
Paul: nice. I'm glad you like the Paradigms. I too think their base (above 80Hz) is just awesome. Maybe one day I'll be a NAD owner. :-)

Anonymous

(((((((I have to say this combination of NAD T752/Paradigm Studio 20's is the best I could have done, I wasn't on a budget which helped.)))))

I'm glad you are happy but what are you talking about in the above Quote????

Anonymous

Just recently picked up a pair of Pradigm Studio 60's v2 and an NAD T753 A/V amp. Bottom line, I'm very, very pleased with the sound. Nice to see someone with a system of similar character having the same experience. I also have noticed my time spent listening is up 100+%. That is its own reward!

Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 50
Anon,
"I have to say this combination of NAD T752/Paradigm Studio 20's is the best I could have done, I wasn't on a budget which helped."

I didn't phrase that statement too well, what I was trying to say was that luckily I wasn't on a tight budget, so when looking I wasn't limited to X amount $$ for the receiver or X amount $$ for speakers, I just went for the best sounding system I could get that would fit into our living room set up. So after looking at Polk, Klipsch, Paradigm, B&W, Athena, NAD, Yamaha, Marantz, HK, Elite, Onkyo ect... the best sounding combination for me was NAD T752 w/Paradigm Studio 20v3's.. Although if space permitted going to the Studio 40s or 60s would have been great but neither speaker would work in our setup.. sorry for the confusing statement in the last post..

Rosie
Unregistered guest
Great read Paul,
I bought paradigm Monitor 7s with the PW 2200 sub, and love them. I'm still in the hunt for a new receiver that will work well with my Paradigms. I'm looking forward to listening to the NAD units. I here that nad and Yamaha both work great with paradigm speakers?? is this true? Don't want to spend more than $1200.00
Can you recomend a good receiver. Thanks!

Anonymous

are the paradigm a better match with with the NAD than the PSB. I heard the PSB with the NAD is sounded ok, but never with the paradigm.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 16
My 2 cents...At the recommendation of others on this forum, I tested the NAD T763 in my home with my Paradigms (Monitor 7 fronts, CC-350 center, PS1000 sub, titans and atoms surrounds, which I bought back in '97) and I was astounded by the sound! Recently dumped another Japanese brand because I was disappointed with the sound. What a dramatic difference I found in the NAD. I was not disappointed!

Thanks to those who gave me the tip. The Paradigms and NAD are an excellent match.

I just picked up my T773 today and can't wait to get it home.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
JDG:

I can only drool thinking about a 773. Congrats on what is one truly great receiver. Please post your experiences with it here. I would love to hear about it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
Anon:

You were mis-informed. Both the PSB and Paradigm are very similarly sounding speakers (they share the same research data from the Canadian government's research on audio) and both are a bit laid back sounding, with great detail. NAD receivers are also very detailed, but have a sound that is just a bit forward, so it makes a great combo with either the PSBs or the Paradigms. So I would not say that either is a better match with NAD--their differences are slight, but from a particular price point, you may prefer one or the other.

Bronze Member
Username: Goose

Post Number: 29
RE: PSB and Paradigm and "the Canadian government".

These pages make (possibly) interesting reading:

http://ims-ism.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/asp/acoustics_e.html

NRC (National Research Council Canada) is a federally funded agency for scientific research in Canada.

Bronze Member
Username: Goose

Post Number: 30
Also look at some of the papers here for loudspeaker design and evaluation-related stuff:

http://www.harman.com/search/results.jsp?search=everything&keyword=Toole
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us