Yamaha RXV750 and JBL SCS 200.7 speakers?

JJM
Unregistered guest
I have just bought a used Yamaha RXV750 speaker for use in my home theatre. I am looking for a 7 speakers plus a sub to go with it. Rightly or wrongly, my significant other likes the LOOK of the small JBL speakers. I am just curious to see if any of the expert here has ever paired the JBL small speakers (i.e. the SCS 200.7 or the 300.7) with a Yamaha receiver?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2145
Although the JBL SCS series has a decent subwoofer, I think their mini/satellite speakers are a little muffled, on any receiver.

JJM
Unregistered guest
Any suggestions for smallish speakers for a Yamaha receiver? I can see that I will not win the big/small argument with my wife. Personally, I have never owned mini speakers in my entire life, are there any good ones?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2170
What is your budget?
You are looking for something about the size of the SCS speakers, correct?

Check out the Athena Micra 6.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2172
oh and a lot of folks are raving about Orb Audio and apparently it has a great WAF. You may want to check that out also.
cheers

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 212
The Mirage Omnisats are worth looking at.

TenderFoot
Unregistered guest
You might want to just trade in your significant other and get the best speakers you can!!!! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Mrspeeed

Canada

Post Number: 34
JJM,

No specific instructions...just a note as a reminder to check the cross over frequencies/base management features on the Yammy (my old one had one cross over at 85mhz).
If you buy smallish speakers like the JBL I think they only go down to 100Mhz so you might have a gap in the audio spectrum. (you may have good base management on a DVD player that could compensate though...).

Just food for thought.

Cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us