DVD or CD with 763

Bronze Member
Username: Blazer

Post Number: 25
Hello,
I am a recent purchaser of an NAD 763. I was looking for opinions on whether I should use my T533 dvd player to also play my cds or perhaps purchase a C542 cd player specifically to play my cds. And if so, should I connect it using the analog or digital connections? There are so many varying opinions on this subject. And I'd like to be sure before I drop a few hundred $s on a seperate cd player. Of course, GOOD SOUND is the objective here. Thanks in advance!

Bronze Member
Username: Blazer

Post Number: 27
Any suggestions? I really don't want to buy a seoerate cd player if the T533 works just as well. But again, sound is the most important consideration. Thanks everyone!

Username: Paulof

Portugal

Post Number: 10
Blazer,
I have the same setup (533 and 763) and I use the External 7.1 to listen to CD's and I think it's pretty good.
Even for movies I just use the Digital link for DTS5.1, for all the rest I use Ext7.1 with the multi-channel analogue cable. Works good for me but I'm still quite inexperienced.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 2695
I would stick with the T533, it is a good CD player. And, as PF says, use analogue connections to "Ext 7.1" even for CD. If good sound is the objective, DVD-A on the T533 will probably be better than CD on anything.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 260
The C542 is a more musical player than the T533. Note that I'm thinking of this when connecting the CD player via its analogue outputs, not the digital interconnect. I have not done that comparison. Also, please note I have done this using decent quality interconnects, not bargain basement stuff. If you don't have the necessary cash for decent interconnects then save your money until you do. In the meantime the T533 won't hurt, it just won't be as good.

At least it's not a Pioneer - that *would* hurt...

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 1219
"Also, please note I have done this using decent quality interconnects, not bargain basement stuff. If you don't have the necessary cash for decent interconnects then save your money until you do"

What was that John? Did you say something?

:-)

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 2696
No, MR. I didn't. But I am doubtful that "decent interconnects" will need saving for, Frank, if one can afford equipment like that in the first place.

I use the analogue output from a T533, it simply gives better sound than digital, either co-ax or optical. That applies to all sources. I think the T533 has better DACs than those in my receiver. I am not sure this would be true for the T763, but they are unlikely to be worse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us