Amp getting too hot all of a sudden (whats up with that)

Anonymous
hey, guys I have a problem with my amp. for speakers I have deftech bp2006tls/an outlaw 950prepro w/755amp.I also have a deftech procenter200 center.I will spare you guys the rest of the system and get right to it. I purchased this system in late july and everything seemed fine for a couple of months until I heard click in my left front speaker. I thought I blew the speaker but when I put my hand to the amp it was really hot. Now I know that a amp should get warm but my outlaw never really got that hot even at loud volumes. I turned down the volume for a few minutes and the speaker clicked back on.now I cant calibrate the speakers past 72or73db before this happened I had it calibrated at about 80 or 85db. after about 2 hours of playing music material the left speaker will shut down. Ithink it is the amp going into protect mode. the speaker seems fine. why is my amp getting hot so fast all of a sudden? my speakers are 8ohms the Impendence is 91 or 92db. thanks

trace your speaker wire all the way from the amp to the speakers, your speaker wire may be grounding out on a sharp piece of metal from your chassy. I had the same problem with a 1200 watt 5 channel kenwood, I would do this soon, cause that's the thermal protect swith kicking in, meaning your amp is close to frying, not good for the amp, then again thats why that protect switch is there. Inspect ALL connections carefully for bare wire, even under carpet.

Jayson escalona
Unregistered guest
Yo, i have a question and i dont know where to go on this website for info, so my rockford 2 channel amp on the right side is making my speaker expand out when i connect it possitive to possitive and negative to negative. and when i try to bridge it, i have only one sub, it expands but still hits. So i dont know if i have to get a new amp or is it something else?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Post Number: 164
anonymous--

you can also try calling the outlaw audio people. They are nice and helpful and it is likely they heave heard all sorts of these stories, so they might have a quick answer for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us