RX-V1400 or ?

Username: Spshond

Post Number: 10
I currently have the Denon 1804. I have Energy Encore w/ Sub. I'am more into a crisp sound, the denon I feel is giving me a warm more muffled sound. Is this the case? Whst eould you guys recommend int he 600 - 700.00 range. thanks

sarandon
Unregistered guest
me i personaly love the yamaha rxv-1400! but it may be bright for your taste. but imho, these thx yamaha receivers really don't have any brightness in them like their previous models!
I would also try my other number one brand, and that is the marantz sr-5400 or the sr-6400. they have a great warm sq and power to spare!!

Username: Wilky

Post Number: 6
I previously bought the same Denon receiver. After getting it home I wasn't as satisfied as I had hoped, with similiar impressions that you described. Last week, when looking for a replacement (upgrade) I listened long and hard to the Yamaha RXV-2400 and was very very impressed. I too like a crisp sound and loved the crisp, clean, yet full sound from the Yamaha. The 1400 was nice too. Today I listened to the Elite, Marantz 7400 and Integra (my 2nd favorite) and I still prefer the Yamaha sound!

Post Number: 11
thats it I'a, buying the 1400. thank you guys. Jeff or anyone, what kind of component video cables are you using. I'am trying to decide. Is there a big difference in THX1000 monsters or M500 monster or Audioquest YIQ - G. I have heard the THX are stranded copper, the other 2 are solid core. What did you go with? Thanks for the posts. I will be going to pick up the yamaha.

Milton Harris
Unregistered guest
Rico, How do you like the 1400 so far. Did you check out the 740 at all?
How long have you had your energy encore? What do you like and what don't you like with the encore?
How is the Yamaha/Encore match?

Username: Db2b17a

Post Number: 3
i have the rxv1400 with the energy c5. Sound is great. The new yamaha isn't as bright as the older models but you still need a somewhat laid back speaker. my choices were paradigm monitor 7, psb image 5T and the energy c5. They all sounded really good on the upper but the c5 had the edge on the lower. the decision really came down to price. got a good deal on the energy.

Post Number: 13
I'am still trying to find time when returning the crappy Denon 1804. I will add posts as soon as I go & porchase the 1400 yahmaha. keep advising if someone out there thinks differently or prefers another receiver over the 1400.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i gotta tell ya, the Encores with the RXV 1400 sounds great.. I'am very pleased with the sound. Much better than the Denon & Encore combo. I love the brightness of the Gladiator fire scenes. I also added a monster 3500 in to the mix. The power lne conditioner. This sounds awesome. I was having troubles with noise in my power lines. thanks or any additional imput.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Congrats Rico! I have Definitive Technology speakers with the Yamaha 2400 (which alot of people have posted would be too bright), and I love the sound as well! Your ears won't deceive you!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
damm skippy. Our ears choose the correct receiver & speaker set up. I'am so glad I took the time to onhook my entire setup in order to go out & get my yamaha 1400. Question for you sonce your up. What DVD player do you have. I have a Progressive scan DVD player hooked up with M500 series component video cables. is there a better DVD player out there. I know of the Samsung DVI player & I wonder if that would make a difference on my 57" projection HD ready with DVI connector TV. Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I have the DV 434 Pioneer DVD player (progresssive scan also) When I went in to my local audio/video store, they were high on the Pioneer. I haven't been disappointed.

I'm having a house built and I'm anxiously awaiting the completion so I can go crazy with purchasing my TVs. I have an old RCA projection and have hesitated to buy one over the past couple years knowing I was buying this house. Anyway, I will be buying the Sony KF-50WE610 50" Grand WEGA LCD Rear Projection TV for my family room. For my "cave" in the basement (this is where all the real good stuff will go) I'm getting the Mitsubishi 65" Gold series rear projection TV.

I actually could use some advice as well with component cables etc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Component cables, not spending over 200.00 bucks, go with AudioQuest cables YIQ-1 cables equivalent to Monster M500 or M1000 series cable. you should be fine with those. What do you think of all this DVI Samsung Hype.. have you read if its worth the effort ( DVD player )

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Since I'm in the market for a TV, I started looking into this a little bit myself. I found one site that has a detailed review about it. Not real favorable, not negative either. Basically that it will give you (with HDTV) the best picture available, but not that much better than a progressive scan with good cables will give you.

Here's the link:
http://www.impactsites2000.com/avmain/samsung_dvd.htm

My opinion Rico is that since you already have the DVI compatible HDTV, why not go for it!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I HEAR YA, I WILL READ UP ON IT. DAMM THIS IS SUCH A HARD DECISION. I'AM interested in possibly going with an amp to solely power my front & center speakers. what do you think?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us