No DVD audio through TAPE OUT

Firebrewed
Unregistered guest
I have wireless headphones connected to my stereo receiver through the TAPE OUT jacks. The headphones' transmitter picks up audio from all the devices hooked to the receiver except my DVD player. Is this a tape blocking function of the DVD player or something else? I get DVD audio through my stereo speakers and the receiver's headphones jack. Is there a workaround? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 2638
If you are using the analogue 5.1 interconnects between a DVD-Audio player and the "Ext 5.1" inputs on the receiver, this will probably by-pass the pre-amp stage of the receiver, which feeds the "tape out". If this is the explanation, then the only thing to do is use a different input to the receiver, such as CD.

Firebrewed
Unregistered guest
The DVD player is connected to the stereo receiver via a digital coaxial cable rather than the L/R RCA cables. When the DVD is connected with the RCA cables, I get audio from the Tape Out and subsequently through the wireless headphones. The problem is I need to connect the RCAs out of the DVD to an RF Modulator to get DVD audio/video through the TV.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 2663
OK, the receiver's DAC is not giving it's signal to tape out, which is why the digital connection does not give the result you want, but analogue does. This is probably part of the receiver design, not a "Fault". You can split the RCAs to feed two units with one player output. There are cables like this, also small splitter boxes, from hobby-type electronics shops.

Firebrewed
Unregistered guest
That's my plan, to split the RCAs. Thanks for your input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us