Marantz CD5400???

Username: Djwages

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I'm new to posting in the forum but have enjoyed reading from it for quite some time.

I am looking to add a dedicated CD player to my system (instead of using my DVD player..icckk) and was considering the Marantz CD5400. I've read some good things about it and was wondering what you guys think. Should I consider NAD or Shanling as well.

I'm running an Onkyo 801(yeah I know, I got it for the NetTune but wish I had gotten an NAD or Marantz) currently with Mirage OMs and M490s and HSU Research Sub. This is for HT and will be upgrading to a dedicated 2-channel system later.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

nout
Unregistered guest
I wouldn't go for the Marantz CD 5400.
There are quite a lot of people who found problems with it.
When playing it sometimes stops for a few seconds.
But to be accurate: I think the flaw lies in a certain product range in the U.S. only. European message boards never mention a flaw of any kind related to the CD 5400.
I'd take the safest route: stay away from it!

NAD will be a safer choice in this pricesegment, the C 52iBEE is a good product, with a smooth non-digital sound.

Lotto
Unregistered guest
Try Cambridge Audio D300 or D500, slightly more expensvive but worth it if your taste is warm detailed music

Lotto
Unregistered guest
Try Cambridge Audio D300 or D500, slightly more expensvive but worth it if your taste is warm detailed music
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us