Alpine Type R 12 setup advice

Unregistered guest
I just got a Alpine type r 12inch SWR1241D DVC 4 ohm each. I am very disappointed with its performance. I am using a power acoustic LT980 amp with a 1.2cap. My box is sealed with .7 cu ft reccomended is .7-1.0 cu feet. I tried wiring the DVC in series and parallel still no improvement. Is my box too small? or is this a sub that just dosent preform well, from what ive read the sub is good SQ with ok SPL which is what i want. What set up should i use with the DVC and the size of my box? I have swaped in other sub and box setups and they sound good and are loud so i know that the rest of the sys is good. what dose every one else with type Rs use Thanks

Adam C
Unregistered guest
Do i just need to give it time to "break in" if that even makes a difference?

Bimmerman325e myaimname
Unregistered guest
stick with the 1.0cu. ft i ran 3 svc in that setup but jsut got a hold of 2 dvc 12's u gotta get an amp with a subsonic filter and keep the hz low as possible (ex. minbe are set at 30hz-80hz) the type rs hate higher freq. so you may not get the punch u want with one but def u will get it with 2 subs i reccomend at least giveng the subs 300-450watts rms ( i used a directed audio 11000d but now i got two amps but no subs anyone got any for sale?)

Username: Skeme4202004

Post Number: 1
I HAVE 3 TYPE R SUBS WITH A PUNCH 601S RUNNING WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO WIRE MY SUBS?

Post Number: 2
I HAVE 3 12 inch TYPE R SUBS WITH A PUNCH 601S RUNNING WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO WIRE MY SUBS?

Post Number: 3
just got another amp power punch 1100a2 how is the best way to wire 3 type r subs to it???

Unregistered guest
if u have the type r's that are svc (one voice coil) then wire two subs in series +.- to +.-
then wire the last sub in parallel with the other two +.+ and -.- you will end up with around 6.7ohms

if u have the dvc subs then i suggest wiring
each subs itself in series youll get 8 ohm a sub then wire the three subs in parallel again +.+.+ and -.-.- you will end up with about 2.7 ohms that is the lowest ohms i recomend goin on a RFP amp.

BOOMSLANG
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A RFP AMP MAX POWER OF 2400 & 2 TYPE R12 DUAL VOICE COIL.WHATS THE BEST WAY TO HOOK IT UP TO MY AMP,+ - + - ETC.?BOOMSLANG

Noah Bowling
Unregistered guest
I have a 1969 Camaro and i am thinkin about installing 2 type R 12's. Will 2 MRP-M350 amps be sufficient? If so which kind of subs should i use, the 2 ohm or the 4 ohm DVC????

Jeff morley
Unregistered guest
the 4ohm dvc would go down to 2 ohms and would be the most powerful set up for the mrp 350 that are only 2 ohm stable at 350 watts rms. I personally have one in that config and it bumps in a sealed box. I've heard that alpine's amps don't hit as others running the same power... It shakes my car with just one i just bought another to shake the car next to mine =-) i plan on using a memphis 1100 watt amp and trying to get it down to 1 ohm

Anonymous

Ok. I have an isobaric enclosure with 2 top ports and I am running only 1 12 inch Alpine Type R 1241 with a RF punch 250a2 bridged..
it sounds ok, but I know it could be louder. Any suggestions other than purchasing additional equiptment?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us