SACD - Sony Dream System.... Which model?

Username: Thedeepcuts

Glenside, PA United States

Post Number: 1
Sony has a few systems out there now that are basically higher end TIB's... with 5-disc SACD/DVD/CD players... no DVD-A, but for me... right now, I'm more interested in SACD.

My question is... does anyone know how to find out if the cheaper players from sony actually use the 1-bit DSD d/a converters...? I know that in the cheaper universal player units, they bump the sacd down to 24/96 internally before sending it to the analog outs... which "kinda" ruins the whole SACD process. I'm sure they sound better than CD, but for me... right now, I am looking for a good, pure DSD experience.

SONY has a $499, a $799 and $x priced player... anyone know what the skinny is on the sony dream systems? or at least where I can read about the straight dope on these systems. I'm new to home hi-fi and don't want to get hosed.

PS. I'm an experienced studio engineer with lots of digital audio knowledge, so I understand the guts of a/d , d/a... etc...

... and furthermore... why the hell isn't sony pushing SACD harder on the public.... don't they think everyone will get it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us