Parasound vs outlaw vs NAD

Username: Halej

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 1
This is my first post so bear w/ me. I'm looking to upgrade my front amp. looking for 200+ watts x2 for future speaker upgrades. I've been looking(not listening) at the Parasound halo a21, outlaw mono blocks, and NAD. I have Bose 901,s as front right now but look to change in the future to Matin Logan, Magnepan or B&W. I currntly run NAD 763 for center (B&W LRC 600), Surr (bose 301), rear surr (jamo) a Classe seventy amp for front (bose 901). I would use the new amp to power front and re-allocate the classe for center or surr. The NAD handles the remaining speakers and pre-amp duties. I love this forum and gained valuable info when I purchased the NAD about a year ago.

Bronze Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 13
The outlaw monos are like a rock tied to a heavy stick. Crude and very effective. My buddy uses 3, 2 for the mags, and 1 for a linn 3piece center(dont remrmber the model, sorry). these units are industrial strength. The maggies light up like you wouldnt believe with the monos. VERY impressive. extra cooling for the blocks, because they are not neutral imaged, ie: they are 15 feet apart, matter of choice.
Solid heavy and powerful, I want 2.

Wife says no.

Cheers! Happy new year!

Username: Halej

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 2
Thanks Nuck , the price is good too. I'm wondering about your comment about cooling. outlaw advertises these as being stackable and cool running since they change to G class after a certain wattage. did you find them to be detailed and musical?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us