Sub dropout on my T752

Jimboy
Unregistered guest
Dear NAD Owners,

I have the NAD T752 v. 1.22 for three months now and I have used it for stereo listening (have 2 Tannoy MX2s: very good combination). Since I have not encountered any bugs yet up to this point, I have nothing but praises for this incredible machine.
So far I have resisted going into surround speakers because even at two channel, the movies sound awesome.
However, about three weeks ago, I gave in to the urge and bought myself the full suite of surround speakers.
Initially, the surround job is awesome. However, after about 5 days the sub started to have a substantially decreased output after probably 10 minutes of playing. I have a Definitive Technology Prosub 80 subwoofer and I have experimented with all connections and the usual suspects in solutions (e.g. connected on either the receiver's SW1 or SW2 out; one LFE on the sub; 2 RCAs on the sub; different crossover settings; set the front speakers to Large/ Small; reboot the receiver to factory setting, etc.) to no avail. I returned the sub which the dealer did gladly and the second one (still Deftech prosub 80) exhibited the same problem: ok in the first few days and then later on, after a few minutes of playing will begin a decreased output.
I really suspect the problem is with the receiver but I don't know how to remedy this. Please help.

Jim

Jimboy
Unregistered guest
Dear Hawk, John A., Johnny.... anybody, please????

Same message as above

Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 67
Sorry man, it isn't your receiver. You have a tiny 8" sub that costs between $200-$300. You honestly can't expect it to get that loud.

Anyways, how big is your room you are in?

Jimboy
Unregistered guest
Unicron-Wmd,

My room is about 3 meters by 4 meters. I somehow believe it is the receiver because the sub will have a nice and full sound and then the output will decrease by more than 6db after 10 minutes. I can't explain it.

Jimboy

Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 68
Can you hook the sub directly to the front speakers? If so, I say try that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us