I need Denon AVR-2805 help. Anyone?

Username: Aukevin

Post Number: 5
I just got the 2805 today for Christmas and I have everything connected good, but I have one problem that should be easily solved. It is with the remote, I just don't understand it. I cannot change the sources on the remote, I have to use the dial on the receiver itself. My old Sony receiver, if I want to watch TV, I pressed TV on the remote and it switched the receiver source to TV. My Denon remote isn't doing that. Do I have to press something else, what's the deal? Shouldn't I just press VCR or TV or DVD to get it to change to that audio source? Thanks a whole lot. Sorry if this is an idiot question, I just can't figure it out, I've never had a problem like this before.

Kevin

Username: Jtc

Post Number: 3
This may not help you, but I have a HR 130 and sometimes to get the inputs on the remote to work I have to hit the AVR button first. Merry Christmas and I hope you enjoy your new receiver.

Anonymous

You may have figured this out already, but...

Yeah, you have to do something else. Select one of the 3 amp "inputs" (actually just controls what the remote sends out), then push one of the yellow numbers corresponding to the device you want to select (see the tiny names above them?).

I had the same problem when I first got my 2805. Pretty sad interface in my mind.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us