ROTEL RA-03

Anonymous

Hi ,

Anyone here has used model RA-03 ? I've read at Hi-Fi Choice that it has some issues with the Treble .

Regards

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4574

The amp has issues or HiFi Choice has issues?

Anonymous

The amp has :

" ... a touch of coloration ... and even some veiling ... " and also that " ... the coloration affected the upp midrange ... a little quacky ... "

source is :

http://europe.rotel.com/reviews/pdfs/02series/ra03-hifichoice-mar05.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1264
I have listened to all of the Rotel integrateds and I think that they all represent good value for the money. I wouldn't lie to you and say that they are the last word in transparency but they are certainly worth their modest outlay. If you try one also listen to the NAD's you may like them more. You may not like either but only your ears will know.

bypass
Unregistered guest
Yeah , I like the NAD's sound . A friend has C352 with C542 and I like to listen them a lot , but they always look a little fragile , in my opinion .
Perhaps just my impression but they don't seem to be constructed like Rotel's products are .

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4577

The amp has :

" ... a touch of coloration ... and even some veiling ... " and also that " ... the coloration affected the upp midrange ... a little quacky ... "

Maybe you won't think so. That's one person's opinion. Have you agreed with this reviewer's assessment of other equipment?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1266
I currently own NAD and used to own a bunch of Rotel gear. The Rotel gear is heavier but no more robust.

Anonymous

Hi , Jan Vigne

No , it is the , say , magazine's opinion . But Hi-Fi Choice is one of the few magazines I respect - no hype over there .
BTW , they gave to RA-03 a " Best Buy " indication despite this minor flaw .

Regards ,

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 703
There's hype everywhere, HFC included. That said HFC seems to come out with results that correlate more closely with mine most of the time. Then again, sometimes they come out with stuff I just don't agree with! Weird.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us