Denon AVR-1905: silent channel & protection circuit

Username: Pedro

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible for a receiver to get damaged if a speaker cable gets loose while the receiver is being used. Let me tell you what happened:

Yesterday while I was watching a concert DVD, my Denon AVR-1905 shut down and started blinking, which according to the manual is because the protection circuit has kicked in. I checked all the connections, and in fact one of the wires of the front right speaker had disconnected. So I connected it back, and turned on the receiver, but still got the same problem. So i disconnected everything, and still it wouldn't start. Connected everything back on, and still the same problem. I did the processor initialization procedure, and still it wouldn't start.

I actually managed to start it by initializaing the processor and the quickly go in the setup menu before the protection circuit would kick in. In this way, I managed to verify that the front-right channel was not working anymore (no sound, only humming, even after I had switched the speakers to make sure it wasn't the speaker).

So, now I have to go to the Denon dealer and hope they will fix it under the warranty... can they claim I am to blame for the damage?

Thanks,
Pedro
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us