Yamaha RX-V740 and BA Sys8000B

Username: Blentz

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to figure out what kind of system I want before I drive a couple of hours to the nearest decent store.

My requirements include a receiver and speakers with accurate sound for classical, jazz, blues, rock, some country (actually just about everything except opera and rap). I also want to move into the video/surround sound era. My old system was a decent HK receiver, (forgot the model, purchased in the early '80's), and BA AS400 speakers.

My new system must also have a phono input (I would prefer not to go the pre-amp route.) At this point, the Yamaha RX-V740 and The BA SYS8000B look like they might fit my budget and do the trick for me. I'd be interested in feedback from anyone who has experience with these. It looks like the Yamaha RX-V640, 740 and the HTR5660 are all very similar. Is there any substantive difference?

Finally, Yamaha shows an RX-V730 with a brushed gold finish at it's yamaha.co.jp website. Is this only available in Japan? I like it's looks, and it would fit with my HK turntable.

Thanks
Bill

sarandon
Unregistered guest
hey also try the marantz sr-6400 and the onkyo tx-sr601 they are great receivers just like yamaha.

Username: Blentz

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the suggestions sarandon. I may have missed it, but based on a quick look at these two on the company websites, neither appears to have a phono input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us