Receiver crossover.

Silver Member
Username: Rkvfire

Vancouver, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 133
i just got back from watchin a movie at my dads place. he picked up the new pioneer 1014, useing JBL 310 northbridge speakers. i used the MCACC calibration mic, and well. i do NOT like the sound of it. he doesnt find anything wrong with it but trust me.. sounds weird. im trying to adjust the crossover frequency from 80hz (THX) to 60hz. the receiver doesnt allow me to do this. it goes from 50-80-100-120-150-200hz. is there anyway i can confinsate the crossovers to make the speakers sound better? cuz they really sound like crap. their the floor standers and should be more powerfull, and i feel that they are going way below what they can do. any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 119
Set the fronts to 50Hz, I have mine set to 40Hz, sounds great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
well that is dumb. why cant that receiver go down to 40hz. and you cant calabrate eatch set of speakers either.. all that is said is in the menu, and it says, speaker crossover.. that is dumb. eh ill play with it some more.. oh, and ironically the fronts seem to be working more at 150hz rather then 50hz.. the hell is this!?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 963
Set them large and see if you hear a difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
they are set to large.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 964
The crossover is meaningless if your fronts are large, they're allready getting full frequency range.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
hmm lol i have no idea hear. i just think their not going to full potential.. maybe its just me.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 209
Maybe it's just the JBLs. You have been listening to some extraordinarily good kit lately. Perhaps you couldn't adjust?

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
lol frank maybe. oh and i listend to the chords and i dunno i think the krells sound better. i purchased all my stuff from washington and am gonna have it deliverd on thursday!!! i cant wait. now, any tips of getting it into the building? lol the things weight 1200lbs!

as for the JBL's, i dont know, i just think the room needs more of a boom, its really mediocre. i feel the lows arent going low enough.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us