Kenwood vr-309 Giving no sub out during playback

Username: Falcor

Post Number: 1
Hi. I am totally new to your forum, so, Hi. I am also relatively new to the world of home theater and the like, so I apologize in advance for my newness. Anyway, I have a Kenwood vr-309 av receiver. I hooked up a 100W powered Aiwa sub to it, and got nothing. Tried several different inputs; DVD, VCR, Cable, XBOX, FM Stereo, Nothing. The sub is definitely known to be working, and the volume is turned up both on the sub and on the system, and the system has been told to use a sub. When I do a sound test on the system the sub channel gets a signal and responds, its just during playback that I get nothing, nada, zip, zero, not even a flutter. I have the 160 W front pioneers set to large (maybe thats my problem?) and the rest of the speakers set to medium (120W center, 50W rears x2). is it just that the sub is smaller than the fronts, and the system sees no need to send a playback signal to it as it is smaller than the fronts, or is just the stupidest thing you have read all day? (I did apologize in advance :-)) anyway, now i will say Thanks in advance, because reading the posts in here you guys know about 16.5 million times more than I. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1904
Well, try setting the front speakers to small and see what you get.

Username: Falcor

Post Number: 2
yeah, i did that as soon as i got home from work and viola! thanks for the reply
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us