A/V Receiver with 3 component inputs?

Unregistered guest
Hello,
I am looking for an A/V receiver that has 3 component inputs and allows them to output through 1 component output to my Sony HDTV. I have seen a number of units that have 2 Component inputs, but I am having a hard time finding one with 3 component inputs without it costing $4000 dollars.

Basically I have a HD Satellite dish, Progressive Scan DVD player, and a XBOX with HD a/v pack. My Sony big screen KP53HS30 has multiple inputs, but only 1 can accept HD or 480i/p and I am tired of swapping cables.

I have looked at the Onkyo TX-NR801 and TX-NR901 which both have 2 component video inputs and I have looked at the Pioneer VSX-54TX. Any thoughts or opinions?
Thanks in advance.
Greg

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 955
Marantz SR7500 and SR8500 do have 4 component inputs, and the SR8500 has also 2 DVI inputs and 1 DVI out. Also great sound quality.

In the 3 component inputs -class you'll find NAD T763/T773, Rotel RSX1056/1067, Yamaha RX-V2500, Denon AVR1705-3805 and Onkyo TX-SR602/702.

Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info, now what would you recommend for the best value for the dollar?

I am trying to stay at the $1000 range, but I am not sure yet where the above fit... I am going to do some price checking and feature checking right after posting this.

Also where is the best place to purchase the above. I know Onkyo can be found at Circuit City, but I am not sure where any of the others can be purchased.

Thanks for your input

Unregistered guest
I was just on the Marantz home entertainment website... they have to have the worst site I have ever seen. It isn't a very organzed site and they make it difficult to find their products. I couldn't find anything on the SR7500 or SR8500. Possibly you could point me to a site that gives specs on these? I would have to say that I am a little concerned about that brand if they can't provide a decent website showing all their product offerings in a clear consise manner.... checking the other items now....

Silver Member

Post Number: 957
I'm not a fan of the Marantz homepage either, but here you go, some usefull links:
http://www.avland.co.uk/amplifier/index.htm

Unregistered guest
Ok... I have a local dealer that has the Yamaha RX-V2500. It seems to have all the features I need. What do you think about this unit in comparison to the others you have listed. How about an equivalent Pioneer Elite system?

Thanks again...

Silver Member

Post Number: 959
They're all good, everything depends on your likings, room size, speakers. Visit your local dealer and listen to the Yamaha. If you like, buy it.

Unregistered guest
My speakers are as follows:
Front Left/Right: DCM KX12 SERIES TW0
Front Center: DCM KX CENTER SERIES TWO
Rear Left/Right: DCMCX17

My speakers are nothing special... at the time I got them they sounded very good. Any thoughts on these speakers with the Yamaha?

Username: Bmarian

Post Number: 7
Speaking of Component video switching, I've been meaning to replace my standalone component video switcher with a receiver that will do the same thing. A review in a different website mentioned that there could be potential video degradation. Am I better off with the standalone switcher (which cost something like $200)? I'm looking to get either the Marantz 7500 or Denon 3805
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us