HK AVR210 Small/large speaker, subwoofer

Username: Fishcca

Post Number: 8
The last one was answered so well I had another Q pop up. When setting up my OSD it is asking whether my Front and surrond speakers are large or small. This is so my subwoofer will be set up correctly I know.
However what criteria do I use to tell if they are L or Sm.? they are much LARGER than the little bose but are not behemoth either.. A B&W center w/2x5 1/2 mids, and the fronts are floor Infinities and surrounds are polks that are about as large as you would want on the wall... are these considered Large as far as the Velodyne 10 inch and HK are concerned? It does not give a definition in the HK manual as to what is L or Sm....
Thanks!
fishcca@hotmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 116
Large is a full range signal.
Small is set-up with a crossover.

With those speakers I would set the centre and fronts to large, and set the surrounds to small. Scroll over to X-Over and set the fronts to 40-60Hz, and the surrrounds to 60-80Hz. Whichever sounds best to you.

It helps power handling because by limiting the bass extension on the channels, you save amplifier power and increase the load on the subwoofer.

Anonymous

But if you set a speaker to large doesn't that make the X-over field inaccessible?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us