Harman Kardon Woes UPDATE

Bronze Member
Username: Lytalbayre

Post Number: 30
For all those who didn't catch it. My second refurb from HK was a dud as well! And, even if it worked, I would probably be paranoid forever about it breaking.

The guys at HK were great and are giving me a full refund plus free return shipping!

I ended up buying a Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX. I LOVE THIS THING!! The auto MACC works pretty Good, though it did have my bass peak at -80 (WTF?)

Anyhow, my HT is finally living up to it's potential. At $1670 (not including cables or monitor, dvd/cd player) I believe it could give much more expensive systems a run for their money!!

Athena AS-C1 ($140 Shipped)
Athena AS-F2 (Pair, $350 shipped)
Athena AS-B1 (x4, $220 shipped)
HSU STF-2 ($360 shipped)
Pioneer Elite 54TX ($700 shipped)

I particularly love the bass. My GOD! THE STF-2 feels like it's gonna tear down the walls!

Anyhow, just thought I'd share my somewhat happy ending. No need to reply.

Thanks.

elite wanna-b
Unregistered guest
Who did you buy your Elite from?
Where you ok with this vendor?

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Lytalbayre

Post Number: 31
I bought from this company called MayFairDigital.Com. The had the best price, but their ratings are pretty bad... so I did take a chance with them. I have to say they were not as bad as their reviews stated.

It cost only $55 for overnight shipping from NY to CA. I placed an order Sunday. I accidentally gave them the wrong billing address, so I had to call back a couple times. Got it on Wednesday and all is well. Thing was packaged professional and was brand new. It's working like a charm.

Plus, I think they have a 14 day return policy.

I would suggest you read the reviews. You're using a credit card, so you have pretty good security. I guess the question is whether or not you're willing to take a chance.

I was and it worked out okay. GOOD LUCK!

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 499
Keep in mind that some of these internet dealers may not be authorized dealers. While it is not absolutely necessary to buy from an authorized dealer, it does make things A LOT easier if you were ever to have problems with your receiver. Each brand should have a list of authorized dealers on their website.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us