Yamaha RXV1500 VS Marantz SR7500

Username: Guibara

Post Number: 1
Hi there.. newbie here trying to set up a decent sound system for music as well as movies...but most importantly music!

As far as speakers I'm pretty much set on the Quads 12L. I've heard great things about them (I'll check them this weekend at the store) and I can get a good price on them.... so it now comes down to the receiver:

1) The Yamaha 1500 is $550 online while the Marantz 7500 is $850... is there really a $300 difference in sound/features between these 2 units?? They're pretty new so there aren't many reviews just yet...

2) Which one you think is a better match for the Quads???

I've done much research and reading and these are the speakers/receivers I've narrowed it down to. I'm open to other suggestions but not too many! My head is spinning already!! ;)

Thanks for your advice!!!

take care!!

Username: Gr1m

Post Number: 6
marantz 6500/7500 or HK 435 :D

Unregistered guest
Hello..I am trying to decide between the Marantz SR 7500 and the Denon AVR 2805. I have been using the Marantz SR 780 and have been quite pleased. I am upgrading to 7.1 w/ A&B switching, a universal DVD w/ prog. Scan, and a Sony 55" KDF55WF655 HDTV. Also, which DVR w/ TIVO is the best? What do you think of the Humax products? I have Thiel speakers all around.

Would appreciate your input.
Thanks a Lot!

John Petersen, joloeph432@charter.net
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us