Receiver for Paradigm 100's

Username: Jesse_r

Post Number: 1
I'm looking for good receiver to power my Paradigm studio 100's. I was looking at the Pioneer VSX 55 and 56 models. I want to keep it under $1500. Should I be looking into a preamp to power these?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 829
The Elite's have more than enough power but they are not a good match as both are on the warm side. If you like that then that's fine but I would suggest you look at Rotel. They have great power and a clean, crisp sound that is not harsh. Very good match with Paradigm.

Post Number: 3
If you were choosing between NAD and Rotel which would you choose and why?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 834
Unfortunatly I can't use either one as they don't have enough inputs for my system now or in the future. Other than that if I had the money and since it's for Paradigm's and considering my local NAD dealer quit carrying them due to the problems in the recent past I would be forced to choose Rotel. I know this is not the answer you are looking for but it's the best I can do.

Post Number: 5
No, I like that answer, I have been leaning towards Rotel after going over many posts..they seem very reliable..and I good warranty. I think I'm going to audition the 1056...the 1067 is a little out of my league.

Bronze Member
Username: Mgkaplan

Calabasas, CA USA

Post Number: 89
You may want to look at the ARCAM AVR 300.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us