I need serious wiring help, ASAP......

Username: King244

Post Number: 1
Hi all....I will try to explain as short as possible....
I have a home theater im setting up with a yamaha 5730 reciever and jbl sattellites and powered sub...
I read somewhere on the polk audio site the best way to connect sub is off the front channels off reciever and set front to large with sub off, this way i will get all the low end with music as well as movies....
Well, I ran all the wiring in my house i just bought (took 3 days, long story, very difficult)...I dont know why but i only ran 1 speaker wire to the sub...all the speaker wires are in the wall 12 gauge....now the problem is the sub has line level inputs for left AND right or low level inputs, rca....
How can i connect to the reciever...I was doing it earlier and i just connected off the fronts by connecting the front speakers and also making 2 jumper wires off the left and right and just tied together the positives from both channels and negs from both then connected them to my sub wire, left and right....I was only able to fool with this a minute or 2 before i had to leave but the reciever was shutting down with the message "check speaker wiring"...
Anyone know why and what i can do to connect the sub so that i will get all the low end with any source?????

Help....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us