Speaker recommendations

Unregistered guest
I am new to this so I appoligize in advance for this basic request. I am very short on time and could use some recommendations.

I am in the final stages of having my basement finished. When completed I will have a 12.5 x 16 dedicated media room. I had my electrician run in the wall speaker wire for a 7.1 surround sound system. The room will be mostly for movies but occassionally for music as well

I live in Northern VA and stopped by a local hi-fi place (Myer Emcco). They recommended the following system:

Pioneer Elite VSX54TX
Boston Acoustic CR77 fronts - surround and backs, BA CRC7 Center and PV900 Sub

Another store (Tweeter) recommended the following:
Yamaha RVX1500 receiver
Polk Audio RTI 10 Fronts, CSI3 Center, FXi3 Surround, RTi6 Backs with the Velodyne DSL3750 Sub.

I really want all speakers to be wall mounted. I am budgeting no more than $2000 for all speakers. I would be interested in POV's or other recommendations (also if anyone knows of other local stores I should check-out in Loudon/Fairfax counties. I think I am leaning towards the Pioneer Elite receiver if that helps.

Thanks much to all

Dave

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 848
I don't like the idea of the Yamaha and Polk's together and the RTi is a floorstander so that is obviously out. The Rti6 can be wall mounted so you could use that as mains and surrounds or use the Rti4 as surrounds but regardless I would get the Elite receiver with either Polk's or BA's. I have not had a BA dealer around for several years so I am not familiar with that model but my first surround speaker package was BA's and I returned them in a couple days as they just didn't cut it for me. There must be several other stores you could check out in that part of Virginia, aren't there?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us