Digaital Cable hook up

Unregistered guest
I just got digital cable and have the general instruments dct2224 box. I have a console tv by rca and its a older model with no audio inputs at all. I have a kenwood reciver kr-a5040. I ran cables from the audio out on the cable box to my video input on the reciver, and have set the audio settings on the box set at volume to optimal set at yes and audio output set at stereo...it sounds pretty good, although I notice also that sound comes from the tv speaker as well, is that normal? just dont want 2 mess up system and would like the best sound I can get with what i have. Thanx for any replys.

Unregistered guest
I assume you are running coax to your TV. If so, your TV is still getting audio in addition to video, even though you have audio going through your receiver as well.

Your TV might have a setting to turn off its speakers. The option might be called something like "Volume: Fixed" (as opposed to variable) or it may be "Speakers: Off". Otherwise, just turn the volume on your TV all the way down when you are listening to your receiver.

The only reason you might want to leave your TV on is if you don't have a center channel and your TV has an option to use its TV speakers as your center channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us