Speaker break-in process

Username: Dasaint2

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a brand new pair of Klipsch KLF 20's. I will power these bad boys with a Yamaha RX-V1400. What is the appropriate break-in procedure?

Thanks,

Username: Sssand2

Post Number: 2
I have used the following procedure I saw on audiogon: Place the speakers face-to-face as close as possible without the drivers touching. Coneect both speaker to either the left or right channel with one of the speakers wire out of phase (positve wire to negative terminal, negative wire to positive terminal). You can then play the tuner or a mixture of CDs on repeat at fairly high volumes on your receiver without it blaring.

Username: Johnnyness

Post Number: 21
the place I bought my speakers told me that I should break in my speakers by playing them at barely audible levels continuously for about 12 hours, then turn up the volume slowly for as much time as you can stand.... they told me that by the end, you should be playing them at a normal listening level with about 100-200 hours of continuous running.... granted, they told me this with JM Labs speakers which are noted for requiring extensive break-in periods

Username: Discoshrew111

Post Number: 5
I've heard so many different, opposite opinions on this that I gave up trying to figure it out.

Username: Hawk

Post Number: 91
Toby:

ss newbie forgot one thing--cover the whole thing with a thick blanket.

Username: Gman

Post Number: 140
I never bought a speaker that said it needed to be broken in. A car yes, so that the pistons/valves get "seated" properly.

If the speaker will actually improve by breaking in, then just playing it will break it in. Maybe don't blast it for the first 24-48 hours.

At least it is not as silly as those that tell you to break in speaker wire.

Anonymous

SPEAKER WIRE NEED BRAKE IN. EVERBUDDY NO DAT.

Username: Stone

Post Number: 20
I never bought a speaker that said it needed to be broken in. A car yes, so that the pistons/valves get "seated" properly.

---
Do you make speakers or have you ever spoken with speaker makers? There are a lot of smaller high end speaker manufactures out there and all the ones I have ever spoken to have given break in times for there individual drivers. I am currently breaking in a pair that came with a very specific 120 hour breakin time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us