Today's the Day.....HELP!

Johnn K
Unregistered guest
I'm making a decision today and I need some advice: I have Polk RM2300 speakers and am picking a receiver today.

What's the best combo of sound/deal?

Marantz 6400 (3 yr. parts and labor warrantee) refurb for $350

Pioneer Elite VSX-52TX - Brand New for $579 including shipping

Or Marantz 7300 OSE - Brand New (old stock) for $580 including shipping.

New Marantz SR 5400 $449 plush shipping.

I'm kind of in a nervous rush, so any and all imput would be MUCH appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 823
The Marantz 7300ose and the Elite 52 are the obvious choices. Even though I love the Elite's and think you'd be happy with the 52 I must say the 7300ose is the best of this bunch. Since it is brand new at such a good price I would order it and be done with it. I understand your nervousness as I get that way myself when I need to make a decision like this. It took me over a year to make a decision on my last receiver and speaker choices. Get the 7300ose and I know you'll be very happy with it. A really great receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 17
where did you find that can we have the source of these prices please thanks

Johnny K
Unregistered guest
Actually, it was totally dumb luck. I found a place that bought an audio/video store and their current stock. They decided to blow out "old stock". They had ONE SR7300 OSE and put it up for auction on e-Bay, at a starting price of $335. I JUST won it for $423.50 (TCW Sellers in Pennsylvania). They have good marks, it's brand new and I took a shot....hope I'm not sorry.

The refurb 6400 was from a place that I can't remember the name, but the number is 1-800-798-0980. They had it up for auction on e-Bay for $350 and got NO bids! All others were found just searching the net.

SO, success....I've purchased the Marantz SR7300 OSE for $441.50 including shipping and handling...brand new. Seems almost too good to be true. SO I'll be sitting here with my fingers crossed until Friday.

Hope this helps and THANKS to everyone for all of their help....especially therealelitefan!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 824
Glad I could help. You just got the deal of the year, if not forever. That price for that receiver is an absolute steal. I hope you enjoy it for many years.

Silver Member

Post Number: 825
Now that I've had a few minutes to think about this I want a commission or percentage of what you saved. You should have paid about $750 or so and you thus saved $300. I'll settle for a third. My people will be in contact with your people. Really though $441 for the 7300ose is making me a bit sick so I better go. Later and let us know what you think about the receiver after you have had a chance to play with it for a bit.

Johnny K
Unregistered guest
Like I said, seems too good to be true. Hopefully all will be well. I have to admit, I've been looking for about 11 months and just never could pull the trigger......I guess it all may work out in the end!

If I had "people", I wouldn't care what I paid..HA!

Thanks again!

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 27
Damn! I was happy all weekend because I felt like I got a good deal on a new H/K AVR330 for $351.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 20
where did you get that deal from let us know too thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 68
Why did you just HAVE to buy today?...

Halo 2 by any chance?

Johnny K
Unregistered guest
The auction ended yesterday (TCW Sellers in Pennsylvania). The other 6400 was still there, so I had to make a decision.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us