Choices based on availability

Anonymous

Hi
My brother gave a NAD T743 as an advance Christmas gift. Currently im hooking it to my old DM302 and I think theres a hint of a little harshness and it lacks detail and punch. I would like to upgrade to higher bookshelfs but my brother said there are only four brands available in his place: Paradigm, B&w, Monitor Audio and PSB. For $400(its the only amount he set aside for speakers) or less, please give me your recommendations from these four brands.
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 811
Check out the Paradigm Mini-Monitor and the MA Bronze B2. Both are excellent but do have different sonic characteristics. Whichever you like better will serve you well. I would probably choose the Paradigm myself.

Anonymous

Thanks elitefan.

But if the budget is increased to $600, would you recommend other models among the four brands?

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 49
Those are all great manufacturers. The best would be to listen to them all on the amp you're using. Decide for yourself. None of them should let you down.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 826
For $600 you can move up to the Paradigm Monitor 5 or the MA Silver 2 if you get it mail order. I doubt if any dealer will sell it at that price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us