International Voltage for Stereo System

Username: Lownganonglevin

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm also a newbie. Love what i've seen of the site so far. Am thinking of getting the following:
NAD c320 BEE and NAD 521 BEE plus speakers:
I have two questions:
Q1)Which speakers would you recommend
a) MA Bronze B2
b) B&W DM601 S3 or B&W DM602 S3
c) any others

Q2) if I buy this stuff in the US where the current is 120V and 60Hz, will it work ok in another country where the voltage is 240V and 50Hz
(US prices seem very cheap compared with Australian prices and I'm in the US for the next month)

Thanks a lot. Looking forward if anyone knows the answer to either question.

Bronze Member
Username: Ray

Post Number: 12
Ronny,

First of all I have few suggestions for you.

I recently moved back from USA to India where there is a difference in voltage as well as Hz cycle. I thought and discussed it with a dealer and few people and decided to pay a lot of extra money in India to get and thus I will suggest you buy it in Aus as well instead of US. The reasons are,

The warranties are not transferable.

You have to buy expensive voltage converters to drive these.

I bought the eaxct same thing C521BEE CD player and C320BEE Amp along with PSB Image4T speakers.

I hope this helps.

Ray

Bronze Member
Username: Pal

PuneIndia

Post Number: 55
I'm running the same with B&W 602 S3. Its simply amazing.....

Username: Lownganonglevin

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys. What about getting just the speakers in the US. Does it matter much to the speaker what voltage goes through the amp and cd player? That way I can get the speakers in the US and the amp/cd player in Australia. Is that ok?

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 559
That's ok.

Bronze Member
Username: Ray

Post Number: 13
Ronny,

You can get the speakers from US and that will be amazingly cheaper compared to what it costs in other part of the world. I wish I did that too. But you have to consider the warranties as well. So that is your call.

Ray
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us