Which speaker for Pioneer Elite 54

Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 3
Hi I would like to Get your expert opinion on best Speaker System 5.1 for my Pioneer Elite 54 choices are PSB image t4 /Klipsch Rf35 rb 35 rc 35/Axiom 60 mti22 vp150 / Monitor Audio Bronze / B&w 600 series/ Paradigm I am looking to spend 2500 cad or 2000 usd on this project so I would appreciate your recommendations and please explain the positive and negative of each when you explain about them thanks

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 800
Of what you mentioned the MA's are the best match with Elite. Klipsch are very bright and fatiquing while the others are too laid back,except the Axiom which I cannot comment on as I have not heard them. Axiom gets very good comments on this forum however. I have an Elite/MA Silver system and it's great. Congratulations on your purchase of the very fine Elite 54.

Post Number: 7
i did go down local hifi store and found B&W 600 more to my liking now one thing the Pioneer Elite is giving me greif to set up all i seem to get out of it is stero sound none of 5.1 surround modes seem to work or i am not able to get into these thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 807
Did you follow the auto setup instructions in the owners manual? Do you have everything hooked up correctly including the s-video out to your tv in order to use the on screen menu? To get into surround modes all you have to do is push the movie or music button on the left side and the push enter when you reach the mode you want. [Use THX mode for movies]. I prefer to set up my speaker level myself with a sound level meter but if you don't have one yet use the auto setup feature. If your dealer can't help you call Pioneer at 800-pioneer.

baldev
Unregistered guest
yes i did that i do not seem to find the dolby or dts modes pink sound plays though thanks

dloweman
Unregistered guest
baldev, sounds like you have to turn on your dts and dolby on your dvd player. That is what i forgot to do. Give that a try and you should get everything up and running

Post Number: 8
Hi Guys i finally figured it out it was a classic case of RTFM the famous complicated setup of Pioneer Elite series got me it seemed that i did not have 7.1 only 5.1 so i did not turn the rear back surrounds on and this prevented the actual surrounds and centre to not work what a f**king pain in the butt and stupid thing to do so now i have switched 7.1 and using 5.1 seems to work great

Post Number: 9
hi I would like to specially thank therealelitefan for his inputs that i got this superb elite 54 receiver i just love the sound out of it be it movies or music thanks maan

Silver Member

Post Number: 812
Glad I could help and enjoy your wonderful Elite. Besides the great sound quality it just looks f..king great in your rack doesn't it? Hope you have many years of happy listening with your Elite/B&W combo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us