Psb subsonic 6i Subwoofer

Username: Cerwin

On

Post Number: 4
Hi,

Anybody with any experience on the psb subsonic6i subwoofer?

I am comparing to Cerwin Vega Clsc 12s and a m looking for a bit tighter mor active sound

Unregistered guest
Thinking of getting the PSB Subsonic 6i also to go with my PSB T5,s ......any current owners out there...pro,s & cons ?

Unregistered guest
Thinking of getting the PSB Subsonic 6i also to go with my PSB T5,s ......any current owners out there...pro,s & cons ?

Username: Cerwin

On

Post Number: 5
Have purchased the 6i

Huge bass from an efficient class 'h' bash amplifier.

I find it much better for 5.1 home theater than for music so far. What will you be using it for?

It doesn't have to work very hard either. I have the volume level set very close to the bottom and it will blow me out of a 15' x 25' room.

I'm starting to wonder if the 5i would have been enough.

Have you had a listen to the 5i? If so what did you think?

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 89
The PSB Subsonic 6i has been getting considerable talk lately in the other forums. Tom Nousaine, A highly regarded reviewer, tested the sub with very good results. http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?section_id=5&article_id=663&page_nu mber=9.

A very nice sub. It may not get quite the max spl's as the SVS or HSU offerings in the same price range. But it does play DEEP and clean.

The sub will work great in medium sized rooms.

rayt
Unregistered guest
james p
The funny thing, according to those numbers, it does play as clean as a Hsu in the price range, since it beat out the LFM-1 which is arguably a Hsu STF-3

Bronze Member

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 90
I would like to see the VTF-3 MK II tested by Nousainne. The STF-3 is supposed to be comparable to the VTF-3 in max output mode. The PSB was considerably louder than the LFM-1 at 20Hz. According to HSU the LFM-1 was designed to roll off at 25Hz.

Bryan Connelly
Unregistered guest
I've been told by different people that to big a sub on a small amp will blow the sub. Is this fact or fiction? What do they mean? I have recently purchased an eclipse 9102 10" titanium. I'm scared to hook it up to my Fultron 150watt x2 amp. Will this amp blow my sub, & what would you suggest to pair with this sub? THANKX

Bronze Member

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 91
speakers blow more often from too much distortion than from too much power. As long as you are not overdriving the amp to high distortion levels you should be fine. More power "usually" equates to louder levels with less distortion on quality amps. A low quality amp will produce more distortion at it's spec'ed power from the manufacturer than a higher quality amp would.

As far as specific amps and subs for Car Stereo I would not know. I have not researched Car audio as much as home audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us