Like your Bose Accoustamass speakers?

Username: Fastback4

California, Ky Usa

Post Number: 6
Just would like to hear from owners of Bose Accoustamass series speakers and their opinons of their speakers.>>>>>>Regards to all.....Tom

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 847
Usually owners are ready to praise anything because they dont know about the better options. In my opinion Bose is the worst you can get, not only are they bad, but they're also expensive.

Username: Ninjai

Post Number: 4
I'd get a set of Bose's only when I had too much money, for fun.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 300
Tom...I hope you haven't purchased these speakers as of yet. While they are not "bad" speakers, you can get a whole lot better for the price they charge for this system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 850
I would happily say they really are bad speakers. Apart from their small size there's nothing good about them.

V Mah
Unregistered guest
check out the Orb Audio speakers if you are looking for small speakers. Audiophile speakers at or less than Bose prices.

Anonymous

Tom,you basically gotta hear them for yourself,because you might end up liking them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 852
But be sure to make a side by side comparison with something else.

JamesCB
Unregistered guest
Tom holloway = troll?

A simple search will tell you how audio enthusists feel about Bose.

My take on Bose in general:
Bose has absolutely no interest in accurate or quality sound reproduction. Their only interest is in how they can market a cheap product to sell for 800% above manufacturing costs. Their only interest is in profits.

James

Silver Member

Post Number: 853
Bose is actually a great example of power of advertisement. Expensive low quality products which sell very well and just because of well planned advertising. They have their own stylish demo stands at every AV-shop, they dont allow direct comparison to other products, and are rarely seen in comparative reviews on magazines. The small size and meaningless abbreviation on product specs will assure the unwary customer to buy something that actually is a low quality product with high price.

Anonymous

Tom,demo them for yourself.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 126
If you wish to compare, try to find a dealer who does Elac speakers. These are terrific and compete with Bose in terms of price head on - but their performance far outstrips the Bose products.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Mpm

Alabama

Post Number: 1
The only thing I got out of the Bose demo was a headache(not really but I was underimpressed). You can spend $200 on a box system from Walmart and get the same results. I ended up in Radio Shack and by chance heard some of the RCA speakers. The build quality was very good and they sounded great for the price. They retailed for $75 but were clearanced to make way for next years model. I got 4 of them for $25 each and a matching center channel for an additional $50. A co-worker of mine was very disappointed with his somewhat expensive Bose setup after he heard my $150 worth of speakers.

Just my opinion,
Marshall

Silver Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 135
Bose is the Bowflex of the home audio industry. 80% marketing 20% performance.

Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 2
I find it amusing how all the Anonymous say u should get them or on that track. bose makes good headphones and thats about it. If you want an amusing setup for cube speakers ie bose Accoustamass speakers, check out this web site
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/loudspeakers/cubedspeakersplacement.ph p

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 63
From www.intellexual.net/bose.html

"It is estimated that Bose has spent more dollars on advertising last year than ALL other high-end companies COMBINED. Does it have an effect? Sadly, yes. A few years back, the United States Air Force signed Bose onto a multi-million-dollar contract to design noise cancellation headsets for Air Force flight crews. Bose won the contract over two other companies simply because of their "more established name" (brand recognition). The concept of a noise cancellation headset is to actively monitor the noise frequencies emitted from a jet engine and the turbulent wind, and reproduce the exact signal 180 degrees out of phase, thus theoretically canceling it out completely. Many reputable manufacturers have successful done so as well. Bose produced a model that cost approximately $1000 per unit, which failed to cancel out a significant amount of noise. The company used the contract as an opportunity to unload obsolete parts from years back. Bose pawned off thousands of outdated interface connectors for which there were no longer commercially available mating jacks, and incorporated them into the headsets. The Air Force, proud as it was, didn't scrap the project, but instead spent countless millions more replacing the consoles in a number of aircraft to make them compatible with the said headsets. In the end though, the Air Force did terminate the contract when test crews found that the headsets were ineffective and non-durable. This whole mess was created over a brand name's alleged reputation and prestige. Bose is now selling a downgraded version of these headsets to commercial airlines and to the consumer public. They now work to a minor degree, but are not surprisingly still easily outperformed by their competitors. These consumer market headsets are also very, very poorly crafted. I browse many online audio forums and have heard stories about these very expensive headsets falling apart prematurely."

Anonymous

Don't refer to that Audioholics article mentioned above. It was meant to be a joke (see footnote at bottom of that article).

Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 7
the joke was intended because anyone who really is interested in good quality sound reproduction will know how bad bose speakers are. check any audiophile or high end audio website and you will find criticisms of they're silly 2" "wide range drivers" and 5 1/4" subwoofers and they're emphasis on advertising and not research. perfect example they're flagship 901 haven't changed for like the past 10 years as was pointed out in the website kano mentioned. oh.....and did anyone realize that bose advertises their cubes to have nautilus ports? wut the...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us