Klipsch vs. JBL

davenewbie
Unregistered guest
hello, I am about to buy a pioneer vsx 1014 or a yamaha htr-5760. I am looking at the klipsch quintet package (cubes) with the 10 inch sub., or the JBL scs series (cubes) with the 10 inch sub. I keep hearing in this message board that certain recievers sound bad with certain speakers, and i have no idea what speakers sounding warm and bright and all that means....whats my best option for the things im looking at...the speaker packages are the ones that they sell at best buy.

Username: Clt1bkc

Kannapolis, NC

Post Number: 1
I had the Yamaha HTR 5750 running with the same speakers you mentioned above and it sounded very good for the price. You can get better sound if you are willing to spend more money. I am in the process of upgrading to the Klipsch Ref series and will be selling my Klipsch Quinet II satelites and sub. If you decide to go that way and you are interested email me.

davenewbie
Unregistered guest
I am willing to spend a little more money if the sound is better, but what other speakers can I get that are around the same size and sound a bit better??? The main thing is that i need small speakers cause the room is small???

Bronze Member
Username: Sause

Post Number: 11
I like the features of the yamaha, you will find people here who detest anything with the yamaha-klipsch combo, I find with the yamaha the quintets are a good match, though my brother has the yamaha-jbl combo I listen to them a get no real sence of detail but at the price it would be hard to find in my opinion a better match.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 837
A better match with the cheaper Yamaha is very easy to find and that's Paradigm. The lower prices Paradigms like the Titan and Mini-Monitor are far better with Yamaha than the bright JBL's. I keep having to say this this week but get the heck out of Best Buy and go to a real store.

davenewbie
Unregistered guest
What stores would you recommend...lets say you had 1200...what would you buy...I need a reciever (preferably a 7.1) and a 5.1 speakes...all this will be used for tv and movies (90% of the time).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us