Can I hurt my Subwoofer?

Username: Mrjules24

Watertown , WI United States

Post Number: 1
I have a set of Logitech z5300 speakers which I love but I don't know as much as I would like about speakers. I am curious is there any way that my subwoofer could be damaged if I play bass tracks too loud or anything? What do I need to watch/listen for in order to keep everything from blowing up? :-) Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 26
if the sub bottoms out that is bad, ride it till the wheels falls off......

Bronze Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 16
i dont know alot so dont take my advice to be expert. i assume you have them connected to your computer. dont play music that is low quality and by that i mean the bit rate. id say use 128 kbps to be a minimum. if you play the sub really loud it should be pretty obvious if you are pushing it too much if you dont go deaf before that. dont but the bass level at maximum, you will probably clip the sub and ruin it. i wouldnt worri too much though since they r multimedia speakers. i would think the designers had in mind that they would be abused mostly by college kids or computer gamers. just enjoy them. remember, i dunno much either but this is from my own personal experience and of the many things i have been reading online.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us