SACD players - SACD available from CD analog outputs?

Username: Ipsofacto

New Delhi, Delhi India

Post Number: 9
I am in the process of buying a Marantz DV6500 SACD Player. From a discussion here I have confirmation that SACD only produces analog outputs. Instead of using the "surround" analog outputs, cannot the CD outputs be used as an option for 2-channel SACD stereo? It seems apparent to me from other forums that use of the Front L and R of the surround set for two-channel stereo gives a very weak signal. Can you also email me your postings on this? Thanks

Anonymous

The reason for the restriction in SACD output connectivity is primarily for copy protection of the digital stream. Sony (also an audio label) has licenced other interfaces like proprietry interfaced (Denonlink, iLink on Pioneer A/V sources etc.) and HDMI for SACD carriage. However, for everything else, it has to be over the dedicated 6-channel analog output from your SACD player. In this setup, 2-channel SACD is carried over the left+right channels and multi-channel would use the other appropriate channels.

If you are using the analog stereo output, it is most likely a reduced resolution track or a non-SACD track.

Note that not everyone are registered members and therefore able to send you email.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1547
First I wouldn't buy the Marantz DV6500. It ain't as good as the Denon DVD2910. I know I have them both (actually I have the DV6400 which is the same as the DV6500). For about the same money you get more, alot more with the Denon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us