Best cd player to go with quad 44, 405 and esl-57

Username: Bathschoolmusic

Bath, BaNES Uk

Post Number: 1
I have quad 44 preamp, 405 current dump power amp and pair of esl-57 elecrostatic speakers.

I use a mission cyrus II cd and wonder if anyone can recommend a good natural sound cd player to compliment the quad set.

Thank you

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

What is the budget? What are you looking for in sound; bright, lively, warm, musical, etc.? Are you replacing a CD player, if so what type? Are you interested in SACD or DVD-A?

Username: Bathschoolmusic

Bath, BaNES Uk

Post Number: 2
Bugget not a problem, but looking for zero colouration and musical.

Am just about to change 44/405 for 34/303. Which I believe is better for esl-57s?

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 2333
John,

I wonder what is the problem with the Cyrus II.

Bearing in mind the Twilight of the Compact Disc, two suggestions which bring in DVD-Audio, though not SACD:
Naim DVD5
Arcam DV79

The recording industry is in a period of transition. I personally think that now is not the time to buy a CD-only player, especially if you already own a good one. Whether this is correct, and, if so, what to get instead, are points of controversy and much discussion here.

If you are going to change the amp, too, then anything is possible. A good dealer will surely have some advice, and be able to consider your specific requirements.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us