Dipole speakers for surrounds?

Username: Ollieburger

Post Number: 2
What are the advantages/disadvantages of rear dipole surrounds. How critical is placement? I'm looking at teh KEF Q2DS. Any comments.
Thanks

KidA
Unregistered guest
I'm also looking at this. I just bought MA SFXs and I'm wondering for 5.1 if I should place them on side or back wall? and should I run them as bipole or dipole?

hudson
Unregistered guest
Kida, what did you buy the s10's or 8's for fronts... what did you get for you receiver?

I am looking at monitor and pairing it with either integra 8.4 or their new seperates.... if you look in the brochure they say the fx's should be side wall mounted as a dipole ... they don't mention settings for real wall mount other then they can accomodate both.

Personally, i'd call the guy you got them from as I'm sure he'll know.

KidA
Unregistered guest
hudson, thanks for the info. S8 and s10 were too tall for my placement on the edges of the fireplace.

My system:
H/K 7200
MA S6, SLCR, SFX
SV Sub 25-31Pci tuned to 22hz

Elitefan and Hawk have a lot of experience with the setup you are looking at. They were a great help to me.

Hudson
Unregistered guest
Sounds like a nice system. good work. I need to fill up space so no worries for me. I have read a number of very good write ups on the MA s6...

Enjoy...

KidA
Unregistered guest
FYI, soundcityoutlet.com has some good deals on open box monitor audio speakers. Including the S8s in black for $887.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us