Audio quality difference Pioneer dvd575 vs dedicated cdplayer?

Sjarelke
Unregistered guest
I recently bought a Pioneer 575 dvd player since it got good reviews. so far I am happy with it.

But now i intend to buy a new hifi system (not home cinema, just amplifier) and i was wondering if there would be a significant diffence in sound quality between using my dvd player as CD-player, and a dedicated CD player in the 300-400$ range. The reviews of my DVD player said that it was good for audio-playback.. but 'good' may be relative to other DVDplayers, and not dedicated CDplayers.. So if there is a big difference i may buy a cd player as well
(as to the amplifier, i am hesitating between NAD 352 or rotel R02, to be combined with B&w 602 s3 or 601 s3)

Silver Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 189
I have the predecessor, DV-565A. I've seen good critics on jitter correction and mechanical parts, and info on that it's maintained in DV-575.

On the other hand I think a dedicated CD player might go much further regarding upsampling and noice reduction.

BTW: DV-575A can handle the new high-resolution formats, SACD and DVD-A. I'd suggest checkin'em out. If you post your music preferences, I'll try to recommend an album.

Cheers
AL

Sjarelke
Unregistered guest
Thanks. I have bought one SACD already (the latest from Bjork, not that I am a super fan of her, but I had read a good review of her latest album). I like many types of music: jazz (30%), classical (30%), rock (eg U2) (30%) and occassionally some dance (10%).

I am now using a very very very poor quality all-in one system, so I definitely would /do not hear the difference between a normal CD and a SACD.. I would need a better amp and speakers for that.

I guess the best way to find out if there is any difference is to ask a dealer to connect both the pioneer 575A and a dedicated CDplayer to the same amp & speakers, and hear myself if the quality difference is worth the extra investment.

Silver Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 193
Sorry for late answer, my ISP is misbehaving. Here's some recommendations (IMO):

Jazz: Norah Jones' and Diana Krall's voices are really sweet on SACD. DK out on DVD-A as well.

Classical: Some Beethoven symphonies interpreted by Claudio Abbado are said to approach sonical perfection.

Rock: Eagles - Hotel California is an extrordinary DVD-A.

Also IMO, Hi-rez can be an improvement in basic systems. It is for my HT < 2000 european bucks.

Cheers
AL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us