Just picked up Pioneer 1014, now my review.

Bronze Member
Username: Rkvfire

Vancouver, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 44
Picked up the pioneer vsx-1014-t-k from visions yesterday for about 800cdn. The receiver is my dads, and i set it up for him. The unit is LONG! we had to cut off the back of the cabinet in order for it to fit! The only complaint about the unit is the speaker terminals are so damn close together! Lol, i have big fingers, and there is no way i could do that. had to get my sister who has skiny fingers. so thats the big complaint. the terminals really close together.

Now for the review. We watched Kiss of the dragon for the first movie, and wow. sounded awesome! Really bright and crisp, reall clean too. Was havin fun with all the modes it has and it has THX too! I really like the MCACC. worked really good. Just when i used MCACC it detected the subwoofer, but it didnt turn it on. so i had to do that manually. The OSD is really basic, simple, easy to use, with the crossover speaker frequencies, DB settings. all that fun stuff. I have it paired with his JBL 310 Northbridge series. About ehh.. a year or so old. All in all the receiver is a really nice bright crisp receiver. In the movie where Jet li is fighting the black dude, in the shop, really nice nice crisp bright sound.

The receiver is a great build quality, great sounding, and a nice display. All the features, that makes a good receiver is well, the pioneer vsx-1014 :-) like some of the threads on here, one guy said it should be receiver of the year. i agree. awesome receiver!

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 123
Does it handle 4 ohm speakers?
What is its rating on 4 ohm speakers (if listed)?

They don't have the manual for download...

Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
its not listed. but if you want the manual, go to the european pioneer site. its on ther.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 125
Thanks. It says 6 to 16 ohms. No dice then.
(It was for a friend with 4-ohm speakers)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
who has ohms that low anyway.. ive never heard of that low, low for home audio.. hmm. odd.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 248
4 Ohms is quite common with home audio, mostly high end that I see

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1683
The Axiom M80, Magnepan, a few Polks are 4 ohms. There's quite a few that are 4 ohms.

Ebo
Unregistered guest
Can you tell me what speakers will play well with this receiver.i like bright speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 252
Klipsch are the brightest that I am aware of. Tannoy Fusion series tend to be a bit bright as well. Jbl and Infinity too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
jbl sounds really bright and crisp with this receiver as stated. good stuff. i had to done town the treble a little bit because in die hard when the glass breaks.. wow.. LOUD! high tweeters. ear peircing.

Sause
Unregistered guest
try out athena audition speakers, i find them to be clearer than the jbl northridge series, also they are less expencive
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us