Worth between Paradigm Monitor 11 and Monitor 7

Bronze Member
Username: Look4sun

Post Number: 20
Hello guys,
Is it worth if I buy the Paradigm Monitor 11 over the Monitor 7 considering the output watt ?
I plan to match this speakers with Yamaha RX-V2400.
How about the sound ? Is it differ much or not ?
Thanks
sun

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 710
The 11 is several hundred dollars more than the 7 and IMO not worthe the extra money. I have always thought the 7 to be the best bargain in the Monitor line and much better than the 9. If you have the money for the 11 I suggest looking at the Studio series and choose between the Studio 40 and 60. Like the 7 a great bang for the buck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Thanks, therealelitefan.
But how about if we compare Paradigm Monitor 7 with Paradigm Monitor 9 ?
Is it worth to buy Monitor 9 over Monitor 7 ? The sales guy person says the Monitor 7 seem lack the bass since the woofer smaller than Monitor 9.

Silver Member

Post Number: 713
As I said before I like the 7 better than the 9.The bass in the 7 is tighter and quicker while it's boomy and bloated in the 9. Sounds like the salesman is looking out for his commission. Buy whichever you like best and don't let me or any salesman influance your own ears. I was wondering if you already own the Yamaha 2400. If so fine but if not wait til the new 2500 comes out. Should be any day and it fixes a glaring error in that it includes a pure direct mode that should keep the sub active in 2 channel mode. This is the way 2 channel music should work. Good luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Thank very much, therealelitefan.
Yes, I know the Yamaha 2500 will soon available. I checked the www.audioholics.com and its already post some preview of 2500. And it will ship in this October. But I call my local authorized dealer, strangely they still doesn't know that the 2500 will available in this near future. Hmmmm....maybe I just wait as yr advice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 715
Your local dealer may really not know when he will be getting the 2500 or he's just trying to clear out his stock of 2400's. Check out the mail order sites and maybe the 2500 can be had thay way soon. Definately worth the wait.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us