T763 Firmware & Subs

Unregistered guest
I am curious if I have to set the Speakers to Small on the T763 to get the Subs to work in Stereo mode via LFE Output, or can I set them to large and still get Sub.

Also I saw that NAD was releasing V2.0 of the firmware, are they already past that? Will any NAD authorized dealer update me for free @ purchase time?

Any help here would be great.

Unregistered guest
I just saw a previous post sort of covering the software side. If I get a unit that is pre v.2 can I get it upgraded and will that include the improved bass options?...if so what are those options?

If all I miss out on is DPLIIx then I don't really care.

One other thing. I see no mention in any literature that the T763 supports DTS NEO Discreet 6.1 yet almost every reciever costing 1/3 less than it does support it, or says so clearly anyhow. It makes no mention of it that I can see, Is it really important?

I am sounding like a total no0b but this will clear a few things up for me......sometimes you gotta get back down to the basics so you can get back on top.

Username: Konoyaro

San Francisco, CA United States

Post Number: 2
Hmm, well the product info for the T763 on the NAD homepage mentions support for the following:
Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Digital ProLogic IIx, ProLogic IIx, DTS, DTS ES, DTS NEO:6, Matrix 7.1, EARS, Enhanced Stereo Surround Modes
DTS ES, which the T763 has, handles DTS 6.1 Matrix and DTS 6.1 Discrete decoding.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 777
The v2 will use the sub even if your speakers are set large, if you want to of course.

TJ Guy
Unregistered guest
Are you sure....often DTS ES and Discreet are mentioned seperately....I just want to be sure that DTS ES includes the Discreet 6.1 spec.

It does not appear that the

Username: Konoyaro

San Francisco, CA United States

Post Number: 3
You can find out about various DTS technologies here:
http://www.dtsonline.com/technology/at-a-glance.php

This spells out the features that DTS ES and other DTS variants provide.

TJ Guy
Unregistered guest
yeah I checked it out....it looks good. Thanks for the Info guys.

I have settled on the T763 right now...I am doing an in home demo!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us