Noob needs help re cheap 5.1

Username: Leperknight

Post Number: 1
ok my story
I just received a cheap 4500whatt 5.1 sound speaker system but only have a normal dvd,video,TV with just av plugs red,yellow,white in and out for the TV but on the amp it had 6 spots for input sub,center,right front,right back,left front,left back

I know there is no way to get the quality you guys get with the good systems but can any one recommend the cheapest way for me to get it connected

thanks
Shane

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 624
CNET is a good spot to search for ratings on inexpensive ratings on some 5.1 speaker systems. You can scan the reviews with and without receivers for prices and whatnot.

Consumer Reports current issue has ratings on home thetare in a box, but these come with a reciever and most with dvd players. The top rated Yamaha YHT-450 lists at MSRP $500 w/o dvd player and the next Yamaha YHT-750 at MSRP $700 with a 5 disc dvd player. They also have the capability of playing 6.1 (they come with a center rear surround if you want to use it).

Obviously, at this price range you won't get anything near audiphile or videophile performance--but I am sure it is quite fine for many people on a tight budget.

You should be able to get these at a discount of at least 20%. I am sure that the speakers that come with these (and other similar systems) are often available without the other electronics at a much cheaper price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us