Nad t753 sub output missing on some modes

Username: Js92987

Post Number: 1
Sub output works great in ears mode and stereo mode but seems to be missing in all other modes.I have tried everything in the setup with no luck. Anyone else having this problem? My setup Nad t753- definitive 1500 sub- psb 2b front speakers-kef center ps This is my second nad 753 the first one got returned because it would shutoff for no reason.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 773
Did you read the part of the manual where sub output on different modes is explained?

Post Number: 2
Yes I did look through the manual but since you asked if I did I decided to look through it again. Sure enough it says that you need the speakers all to be set to small to have the sub work in all modes. I am not really why that is because my speakers can be run in full range.Whats your opinion on that ?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 774
My opinion is that you should set your speakers to small, and set the subwoofer crossover frequency low enough. With full range speakers 60Hz would be quite ok. It's better to cut the lowest frequencies from the speakers and play them with the sub. This way the amp wont have to work as hard, and the speakers can play the higher frequencies 'better'.

Post Number: 3
Thanx for the insight. I geuss I was used to my Denon 3600 which the sub was available in small or large mode.

Username: Mlaron

Post Number: 1
I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me. I recently purchased a Fujitsu 42" EDTV Plasma, Canton speakers (right, left, center and sub-woofer), a NAD T743 receiver and NAD 5-disc DVD. I have Time Warner cable in NYC. I am having a problem with the HD stations (700 series), specifically SHO and Discovery HD. The picture freezes for a split section, which causes the NAD receiver readout to go from Satellite to Dolby and it makes an annoying sizzling sound and then goes back to satellite. This could happen every 4 to 5 minutes on those stations. Would really appreciate any suggestions as to what could be the cause. Time Warner has come out 3 times, I've recabled and still have the problem. Could it be the NAD T743?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us