Please help with my final choice tell me what im going to do wrong!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jake272727

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 13
First ive picked CMT-340m for my front speakers, CBM-170 for my rear speakers, CMT-340c for my center and either PB10-ISD or SVS PB2-ISD for my sub still need help on all of that plus my reciever tell me what one you would buy for this system here is one i think might work give me your thoughts though AVR 430 .

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1604
I see you gave up the Fluance SX HTB!
Did you get a deal on the HK receiver? That should work really well with the Ascends.

Bronze Member

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 14
well ive still never heard anything wrong with fluance but the ascends looked awsome ime still looking at prices on the hk

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 763
That Fluance system would have been such a bad choice, the Ascends are lightyears ahead. Very good for you.

The AVR430 is a great receiver, good sound, ok features, H/K looks (like it or not). To me the new AVR435 looks so much better with Advanced Logic7, PL2x, EzSet-EQ with new TI DSP, upconversion, lipsync and so on.

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 114
I absolutely agree, the new 135, 235, 335, 435, 635 models in the HK AVR line look like substantial improvements over last years models. I would seriously look at the AVR435.

Bronze Member

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 15
But whats the price differance between the avr 430 to the avr 435 or 635 also i cant find them for sale anywhere

Silver Member

Post Number: 767
They're new models which will probably be available in november. The prices should be about the same as before.

Bronze Member

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 16
is there a better reciever out there under 1000?

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 116
It really depends what your looking for in a receiver. If you tell us what your preferences are we may be able to help.

Will it be used primarily for music or movies? Do you want lots of features or better audio performance? Do you want 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 sound? How many inputs do you need? Will you be sending the signal to multiple zones? Do you need many DSP modes?

Silver Member

Post Number: 770
In addition to 435/635 I would recommend Pioneer Elite 54TX/56TXi and new Marantz SR7500/SR8500. The Elites have great features, good sound and are very logical and easy to use. The older Marantz models sound especially good, and new models add a very nice set of features.

Bronze Member

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 17
what i mostly do is movies 80/20. i want something that will team up with the Ascends. And im not really sure what dsp modes are.

Bronze Member

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 18
Also i was wondering if anyone has had either PB10-ISD or SVS PB2-ISD. tell me how big of differance there is.

Unregistered guest
I have the HK AVR430. Great receiver works awsome with my Polk RTi8 ,CSi3, FXi3, and PSW404. Most movies I don't push past -15 and I like it LOUD. Also it looks wicked, the programmable display reads XBOX DOLBY DIGITAL

Bronze Member

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 19
HK AVR 7200 versus HK AVR430 what is the differance?

Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 9
The 430 is a newer model with 75 watts vs 100 watts for the 7200 (replaced by the 7300. Go to harmankardon.com to get more details.) I would go with the HK since that is what Ascend recommends with their speakers. It is too easy to pair the wrong reciever with certain speakers - I have done it before. I had the HK 430 and it is a very good receiver.

Kano
Unregistered guest
The 430 has 65 watts a channel. It's the 630 that has 75 watts a channel. They are virtually the same receiver, with the same # inputs.

Now the 7300.... 110 HK watts a channel? now that's some serious juice. You'll need a very large living room or a set of bose (j/k) to take full advantage of all that juice.

Bronze Member

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 20
so would it be worth it to wait and get the 635 or would the 630 be a perfect set up for me?

Silver Member

Post Number: 776
It depends what you need. I would try to choose between best sound quality and power with AVR7200 or best features and still very good sound with AVR435/635.

Bronze Member

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 21
i really dont know much about the features on reciever i know that thx sounds good but other than that i dont have a clue especially with the new features commin out on the new avr line.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us