Tuner question for NAD T763

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 21
I am having a slight problem with my tuner which I am pretty sure is my own fault. When I programmed AM stations, I must have done something to mute it. The stations all appear with a "K" after them and I can't get sound. I had sound when I programmed the puppies but don't know how to remedy this. The FM stations play just fine. Can anyone help? I have looked through the manual and haven't located what is the trick?

Username: Cargoil

Post Number: 6
I love it every time someone this site buys a NAD and has a problem they think it's their fault. I have never heard of a receiver that is so highly acclaimed having so many out of the box hang ups.

Username: John_a

Post Number: 103
Jonathan,

Try the 9 k-10 k selector switch for the AM frequency step. There are different broadcast standards in N. America (10 k) and Europe ( 9k). If it needs changing, do it with the receiver off, and be prepared for having to choose pre-sets and settings again, afterwards.

Username: Gatt767

Post Number: 1
Johnb instead of criticizing a brand can you be more contructive and give a helping hand to Jonathan

Post Number: 23
Robert, you said what I didn't want to say. Thanks. I am pretty certain that it was something I did as everything works fine and I was fiddling with a few things while programing the am presets. I will try John A.'s suggestions and report back.

Post Number: 27
I found the problem and it was stupid. Somehow the am attenna got pulled out completely. I thought I had secured it but didn't. I only turned the receiver around to see if turning off the soft clipping would help. OK, it was stupid user error. But I did want to put on the record that it was not NAD's fault and as I suspected, my own fault.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us