Should I replace my 5.1 HK AVR500 for a THX 7.1 pioneer VSX 43TX & klipsch

Username: Dannieboiz

Post Number: 1
I found a deal for a 7.1 setup which I think is a decent deal. Which includeds 2 pairs of Klipsch SB-3, 1 pair of SS-1, The pioneer THX, VSX 43TX and a crappy Infinity CC-1 center which will be thrown out. I currenlty have the AVR-500 power my 2 front klipsch 3.1 should I complete the setup by just purchasing a pair of rear and center and call it done or should I get the pioneer/klipsch setup. Which reciever is a better reciever.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
Danny both are as would elitefan say that both are laid back. personally i tend to lean towards the pioneer elite side than the h/k. no dont get me wrong both are great receivers in their own right but the PE sound so better than the H/K IMHO!!

Username: Dannieboiz

Post Number: 2
Do you think that 1k for the pioneer/klipsch setup is worth the money? I've listen to the system but for some reason the 6 klipsch speakers playing off the pioneer doesn't seem to be as load as my 2 Klipsch 3.1 and HK setup that I currently have. q

Don
Unregistered guest
Danny, Did you calibrate the volume on each receiver to be the same. (SPL meter?) Just going with "I set both to -10 volume" doesn't mean that much comparing two different brands.

Don
Unregistered guest
Danny, Did you calibrate the volume on each receiver to be the same. (SPL meter?) Just going with "I set both to -10 volume" doesn't mean that much comparing two different brands. Plus Klipsh are highly sensitive and would play very loud with just about any receiver in that price category. Both will help tame the shrillness of Klipsh horns.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us